From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 14:50:51

On Feb 8, 2007, at 4:01 AM, Alok G Singh wrote:
> I also came across a presentation [2] from PVM/MPI 06, but I could
> find any code to go with it. The author seems to suggest the Boost
> serialisation library (which does support stdlib containers). Is this
> the way to go ? I have never used to Boost before.

This work eventually turned into Boost.MPI. It's able to serialize
and transmit standard library containers, user-defined types, etc,
and is also based on the Boost serialization library. The design and
implementation are similar to what was described in that talk and
paper, although Boost.MPI covers a bit more of MPI (e.g.,
collectives, datatypes).

Boost.MPI was recently accepted into the Boost library collection
(http://www.boost.org), so there is no release of Boost containing
the MPI library, yet. The latest version of Boost.MPI is available in
Boost.CVS (see http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html#CVS for
instructions).

Documentation for Boost.MPI is available here:

        http://www.generic-programming.org/~dgregor/boost.mpi/doc/

        Cheers,
        Doug