From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 14:50:51

On Feb 8, 2007, at 4:01 AM, Alok G Singh wrote:
> I also came across a presentation [2] from PVM/MPI 06, but I could
> find any code to go with it. The author seems to suggest the Boost
> serialisation library (which does support stdlib containers). Is this
> the way to go ? I have never used to Boost before.

This work eventually turned into Boost.MPI. It's able to serialize
and transmit standard library containers, user-defined types, etc,
and is also based on the Boost serialization library. The design and
implementation are similar to what was described in that talk and
paper, although Boost.MPI covers a bit more of MPI (e.g.,
collectives, datatypes).

Boost.MPI was recently accepted into the Boost library collection
(, so there is no release of Boost containing
the MPI library, yet. The latest version of Boost.MPI is available in
Boost.CVS (see for

Documentation for Boost.MPI is available here: