From: lund_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-01-05 14:38:57

Hi,
   I am attempting to use the 'external32' data representation in order
read and write portable data files. I believe I understand how to do
this, but I receive the following run-time error from the
mpi_file_set_view call:

MPI_FILE_SET_VIEW (line 118): **unsupporteddatarep

If I replace 'external32' with 'native' in the mpi_file_set_view call then
everything works, but the data file is written in little endian order on
my Opteron cluster. Just for grins I also tried 'internal' but this
produces the unsupporteddatarep error as well.

Is the 'external32' data type implemented? Do I need to do something else
to access it? I looked in the FAQs as well as the mailing list archives
but I can not seem to find any threads discussing this issue. I would
greatly appreciate any advice.

I have attached my sample fortran codes (explicit_write.f,
explicit_read.f, Makefkile) as well as the config.log, output of
ompi_info, and my environment variable settings. I am running Fedora Core
4 with the 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp kernel.

Thanks,

   ---Tom

  • application/octet-stream attachment: Makefile

  • application/octet-stream attachment: env.out