From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-20 19:43:14

On Dec 20, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Andrus, Mr. Brian ((Contractor)) wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
> I downloaded the newer stable (1.1.2-1) and have tried it with the
> same
> results.
> Since I am trying to use the rpm source, everything comes out in one
> output file.
>
> I have compressed and attached it.

That works.

The problem appears to be that configure is finding g77 for your
Fortran compiler and pgf90 for your F90 compiler. Since they're not
link compatible, it takes the most conservative approach and goes
ahead and compiles f77 support but disables f90 support. Hence, the
messages you see from mpif90.

I think the problem is how you're invoking rpmbuild, specifically the
--define parameter. Try the following (not the spacing an quoting):

shell$ rpmbuild --rebuild --define "configure_options CC=pgcc \
CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77 FC=pgf90 FFLAGS=-fastsse FCFLAGS=-fastsse" \
./openmpi-1.1.1-1.src.rpm

(I artificially wrapped with \ characters so that the mail wouldn't
look weird)

Specifically, the token "configure_options" needs to appear in the
same command line argument as its value (it's a weird RPM-ism). So
the whole string needs to be quoted together, and have a single space
between the token "configure_options" and the value ("CC=pgcc