From: Andrus, Mr. Brian \(Contractor\) (brian.andrus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-20 12:05:03

I am trying to build an OpenMPI rpm for RHEL4U4 using the following:

rpmbuild --rebuild --define configure_options"CC=pgcc CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77
FC=pgf90 FFLAGS=-fastsse FCFLAGS=-fastsse" ./openmpi-1.1.1-1.src.rpm

It builds the rpm but there are some warnings:
-------------------
configure: WARNING: -fno-strict-aliasing has been added to CFLAGS
configure: WARNING: -finline-functions has been added to CXXFLAGS
configure: WARNING: *** Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 compilers are not link
compatible
configure: WARNING: *** Disabling MPI Fortran 90/95 bindings
configure: WARNING: Unknown architecture ... proceeding anyway
configure: WARNING: File locks may not work with NFS. See the
Installation and
users manual for instructions on testing and if necessary fixing this
-------------------

And when I try to compile a simple hello world fortran program:

[root_at_system ~]# mpif90 hello.f

Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
Fortran 90 support.  As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.

I have PGI v6.1 compilers installed at /usr/pgi/linux86-64/6.1/
Help??
Brian Andrus
QSS Group, Inc.
Naval Research Laboratory