From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-15 19:45:51

Greetings Allen.

This problem has not yet been resolved, but I'm quite sure we have an
open ticket about this on our bug tracker. I just replied to Patrick
on-list about a related issue (his use of --prefix); I'd have to
think about this a bit more, but a solution proposed by one of the
other OMPI developers in internal conversations may fix both issues.
It only hasn't been coded up because we didn't prioritize it high.

So my question to you is -- how high of a priority is this for you?
Part of what makes it into each OMPI release is driven by what users
want/need, so input like this helps us prioritize the work.

Thanks!

On Dec 13, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Allen Barnett wrote:

> There was a thread back in November started by Patrick Jessee about
> relocating an installation after it was built (the subject was:
> removing
> hard-coded paths from OpenMPI shared libraries). I guess I'm in the
> same
> boat now. I would like to distribute our OpenMPI-based parallel
> solver;
> but I can't really dictate where a user will install our software. Has
> any one succeeded in building a version of OpenMPI which can be
> relocated?

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems