From: Nader Ahmadi (a_nader_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-15 16:58:59

Hello,

OpenMPI output issues when using IBM AIX 5.3

We have recently installed OpenMPI 1.1.2 (see attacched, ompi_inf -a output for detail).

on an IBM AIX 5.3. We had no problem during installation and configration. "ompi_info -a" runs with no problem.

Running our application we got no error or output from "printf", or "cout".

So, we wrote a simple 10 line program, which basicly setup mpi and does a

"printf" and "cout".

We still didn't get any output from this program, when using MPI in a none debug mode.

I find out that we get the output from this simple program if we add

"--debug-daemons" to the mpirun commands.

But, still for a more complex program we don't get any output even with the "--debug-daemons" flag.

My question are

1 - why do we need a debug flag to get any output?

2 - does anyone has any recommendation on how to build an mpi

application for IBM AIX 5.3 to get the output, without any debug flag.

Thanks for any comments

Nader,