From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-15 15:03:06

Hi all,

While doing some benchmarking with derived data types, I found that
the prerelease Open MPI 1.2 is giving *much* better performance than
Open MPI 1.1. My simple benchmark is a modified NetPIPE that sends/
receives data via a derived data type build with MPI_Contiguous(1,
MPI_BYTE, ...) rather than MPI_BYTE. With Open MPI 1.1, this killed
performance; with Open MPI 1.2, it had essentially no performance
impact. Here's the NetPIPE chart, for reference:

        http://www.generic-programming.org/~dgregor/images/blog/netpipe-
ompi.png

This message was originally going to point out the performance issues
with Open MPI 1.1, but instead I'll just say "Keep up the good work!"

        Cheers,
        Doug "even-if-I-were-objective-Open MPI-would-be-better" Gregor