From: Reese Faucette (reese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 14:20:08

> I have tried moving around machines that the run is done on to the
> same result in multiple places.
> The error is:
>
> [aon049.engin.umich.edu:21866] [mpool_gm_module.c:100] error(8)
> registering gm memory

This is on a PPC-based OSX system? How many MPI processes per node are you
starting? And I assume this is a pretty maximallly sized HPL run for the
nodes' memory? And this system has an IOMMU, yes? Do you know how big its
memory window is?

Could you send me the output of "dmesg | grep GM" after loading GM? We're
looking for a line of the form:
GM: gm_register_memory will be able to lock XXX pages (YYY MBytes)

thanks,
-r