From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-08 06:44:19

The problem appears to be that your g77 compiler is not properly
cross-linking against your gcc compiler. Specifically, the following
test failed in configure:

configure:23709: g77 conftestf.f conftest.o -o conftest
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_fprintf$LDBLStub
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This issue has been discussed a few times on this mailing list:

     http://www.google.com/search?q=_fprintf%24LDBLStub+site%
3Awww.open-mpi.org

I believe that you can solve the issue by adding -lSystemStubs to the
LIBS flag when calling configure:

     ./configure LIBS=-lSystemStubs

FWIW, on my MacBook, I use gfortran from hpc.sourceforge.net with the
latest Xcode and it works great. gfortran is much more recent than
g77, and I don't need to add an additional -lSystemStubs in the
command line anywhere.

On Dec 7, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Thomas Spraggins wrote:

> Not a lot of description I can provide. I'm trying to configure
> under OSX 10.4, using the g77 fortran compiler.
>
> Any hints will be most appreciated.
>
> Tom Spraggins
> tas_at_[hidden]
>
> <ompi-output.tar.gz>