From: Aaron McDonough (aaron.mcdonough_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 17:04:43

Thanks Jeff.

It turns out that all our IB blades are EM64T - it's just that some have
i686 OS's and some x86_64 OS's. So I think we'll move to all x86_64
installs on IB hosts. I guess if we make the OpenMPI a 32-bit build, and
link against 32-bit IB drivers (my interpretation of the release notes
is that this is supported by the TopSpin driversfor EM64T), then the
same application could run on any host i686 or x86_64. Can this be done
with the OFED drivers? I assume that OpenMPI doesn't handle the same
MPI_COMM_WORLD with different interconnects (TCP vs.IB) - is that right?

Cheers,
Aaron

--
Aaron McDonough