From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-06 14:29:33

> I wonder if we can narrow this down a bit to perhaps a PML protocol
> issue.
> Start by disabling RDMA by using:
> -mca btl_gm_flags 1

This helps some, I at least now see the start up of HPL, but i never
get a single pass, output ends at:

- Computational tests pass if scaled residuals are less
than 16.0

On the other-hand, with OB1 using btl_gm_flags 1 fixed the error
problem with OMPI! Which is a great first step.

mpirun -np 4 --mca btl_gm_flags 1 ./xhpl

Allowed HPL to run with no errors. I verified the performance was
better than when ran without gm

(added --mca btl ^gm )

So still a problem with DR which i dont need but im willing to help
test it.

Scott,

Can we look into why leaving RDMA on if causing a problem?

Brock