From: Laurent.POREZ_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-11-23 14:09:18

Hi,

I have to spawn a set of processes on multiple hosts, with my own mapping pattern, including processor ID, for example :
* process 1 on cpu0 of host 1
* process 2 on cpu1 of host 1
* process 3 on cpu1 of host 1
* process 4 on cpu0 of host 2
* process 5 on cpu1 of host 2

I see that only the "host" MPI_Info parameter can be used (see ompi_comm_start_processes() ), but other kinds of mapping could be used : create_app( ), in orte\tools\orterun\orterun.c may handle ORTE_APP_CONTEXT_MAP_ARCH or ORTE_APP_CONTEXT_MAP_CN mapping, that would be perfect for me.

Is there a next released that will take care of this, or is it of no use for most MPI users ?

Thanks,
        Laurent.