From: Iannetti, Anthony C. \(GRC-RTB0\) (anthony.c.iannetti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-21 20:39:22

Dear OpenMPI List:

            I am running the Myrinet MX btl with OpenMPI on MacOSX 10.4.
I am running into a problem. When I run on one processor per node,
OpenMPI runs just fine. When I run on two processors per node
(slots=2), it seems to take forever (something is hanging).

Here is the command:

mpirun -mca btl mx,self -np 2 pi3f90.x

However, if I give the command:

mpirun -np 2 pi3f90.x

The process runs normally. But, I do not know if it is using the Myrinet
network. Is there a way to diagnose this problem. mpirun -v and -d do
not seem to indicate which mca is actually being used.

Thanks,

Tony

Anthony C. Iannetti, P.E.

NASA Glenn Research Center

Propulsion Systems Division, Combustion Branch

21000 Brookpark Road, MS 5-10

Cleveland, OH 44135

phone: (216)433-5586

email: Anthony.C.Iannetti_at_[hidden]

Please note: All opinions expressed in this message are my own and NOT
of NASA. Only the NASA Administrator can speak on behalf of NASA.