From: shane kennedy (kennedy_shane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-08 13:25:55

> > i've run my mm5 weather modeling app over mpich
> gig-e
> > & myrinet, & open-mpi gig-e. when i tried
> open-mpi
> > over myrinet, i was able to compile & run w/o
> issue,
> > but i get no net traffic over the myrinet switch.
> the
> > job cranks up the cpu's but never completes. i'm
> > using the myrinet MX driver. i have the myrinet
> libs
> > set in both LD_LIBRARY_PATH & the ld.so.conf file.
> > any advice/suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.
> > i've listed my compile options below:
>
> Did you build the MX driver? Unless MX is in one of
> the compiler
> search paths, you'll likely need to add the
> configure argument --with-
> mx=<PATH TO MX> when building Open MPI. You can
> determine whether
> you have MX support in your current Open MPI build
> by running the
> "ompi_info" command. If you see a line that
> includes btl: mx, then
> you have MX support and something else is going on.
> Otherwise, the
> issue is building MX support into your copy of Open
> MPI.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Brian

yes, open-mpi was config'd with:
./configure --prefix=/raid1/mpich F77=ifort FC=ifort
--with-mx=/opt/mx --with-mx-libdir=/opt/mx/lib

openmpi_info shows mx support:
# ompi_info | grep mx
    MCA btl: mx (MCA v1.0, API v1.0, Component v1.1.2)

i'm running mpi with:
mpirun --mca btl mx,self --n 32 --nolocal mm5.mpp

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near historic lows:
$150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/