From: Brian Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-08 10:18:03

On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:06 AM, shane kennedy wrote:

> i've run my mm5 weather modeling app over mpich gig-e
> & myrinet, & open-mpi gig-e. when i tried open-mpi
> over myrinet, i was able to compile & run w/o issue,
> but i get no net traffic over the myrinet switch. the
> job cranks up the cpu's but never completes. i'm
> using the myrinet MX driver. i have the myrinet libs
> set in both LD_LIBRARY_PATH & the file.
> any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> i've listed my compile options below:

Did you build the MX driver? Unless MX is in one of the compiler
search paths, you'll likely need to add the configure argument --with-
mx=<PATH TO MX> when building Open MPI. You can determine whether
you have MX support in your current Open MPI build by running the
"ompi_info" command. If you see a line that includes btl: mx, then
you have MX support and something else is going on. Otherwise, the
issue is building MX support into your copy of Open MPI.

Hope this helps,

   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI Team, CCS-1
   Los Alamos National Laboratory