From: Brian Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-08 10:18:03

On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:06 AM, shane kennedy wrote:

> i've run my mm5 weather modeling app over mpich gig-e
> & myrinet, & open-mpi gig-e. when i tried open-mpi
> over myrinet, i was able to compile & run w/o issue,
> but i get no net traffic over the myrinet switch. the
> job cranks up the cpu's but never completes. i'm
> using the myrinet MX driver. i have the myrinet libs
> set in both LD_LIBRARY_PATH & the ld.so.conf file.
> any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> i've listed my compile options below:

Did you build the MX driver? Unless MX is in one of the compiler
search paths, you'll likely need to add the configure argument --with-
mx=<PATH TO MX> when building Open MPI. You can determine whether
you have MX support in your current Open MPI build by running the
"ompi_info" command. If you see a line that includes btl: mx, then
you have MX support and something else is going on. Otherwise, the
issue is building MX support into your copy of Open MPI.

Hope this helps,

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett