From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-07 23:35:44

The quick answers are yes and nothing. Open MPI seamlessly support
shared memory communications when we detect that 2 processes are on
the same node. In fact Open MPI can use different communication
methods (read networks) between the processes of the same application.

Please read our FAQ for more information on how to specify which
network you want to be used and which not.

   Thanks,
     george.