From: hpetit_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-11-07 09:27:37

Hi Ralf, sorry for the delay in the answer but I encountered some difficulties to access to internet since yesterday.

I have tried all your suggestions but I continue to experience problems.
Actually, I have a problem with bjs on the one hand that I may submit to a bproc forum and I still spawn problem on the other hand.

Let's focus first on the spawn problem.

Even with a "bjssub -i bash" or "bjssub -n 1 -i bash" command, I continue to have the log:
mpirun -np 1 main_exe machine10
main_exe: Begining of main_exe
main_exe: Call MPI_Init
main_exe: MPI_Info_set soft result=0
main_exe: MPI_Info_set node result=0
main_exe: Call MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple()
Some of the requested hosts are not included in the current allocation for the
application:
  ./spawned_exe
The requested hosts were:
  machine10

Verify that you have mapped the allocated resources properly using the
--host specification.
[setics10:07250] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Out of resource in file base/rmaps_base_node.c at line 210
[setics10:07250] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Out of resource in file rmaps_rr.c at line 331

This problem is observed whatever the slave node is on the same machine than the master or not.

On the bjs side of the problem. I have run bjssub under gdb and I could observed that I did not go into the code part that setenv NODES variable, so I stayed with the default value NODES=0.

The question is,
is the spawn problem a result of the bjs problem ? or are they two independant problems ?

The good thing would be to find some other people with a debian platform, bproc, bjs and openmpi active. So that, we could check if I have made something wrong during the installation phase or if there is really a incompatibility problem in open mpi.

Thank you so much for all you support, I wish it is not succesful yet.

Regards.

Herve

Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:10:20 -0700
From: Ralph H Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Comm_spawn multiple bproc support
To: "Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>" <users_at_[hidden]>

Okay, I picked up some further info that may help you.

>> The "bjsub -i /bin/env" only sets up the NODES for the session of
>> /bin/env. Probably what he wants is "bjssub -i /bin/bash" and start
>> bpsh/mpirun from the new shell.

I would recommend doing as they suggest. Also, they noted that you failed to
specify the number of nodes you wanted on the bjssub command line. As a
result, the system gave you only one node (hence the NODES=0 instead of
NODES=0, 1).

If you do a "man bjssub", or a "bjssub --help", you should (hopefully) find
out how to specify the desired number of nodes.

Hope that helps.
Ralph

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:04:54 +0100 (CET)
From: <pgarcia_at_[hidden]>
Subject: [OMPI users] Technical inquiry
To: users_at_[hidden]

Hi, everydoby. Good afternoon.

I've just configured and installed the openmpi-1.1.2 on a kubuntu
GNU/linux, and I'm trying now to compile the hello.c example without
results.

> root_at_kubuntu:/home/livestrong/mpi/test# uname -a
> Linux kubuntu 2.6.15-23-386 #1 PREEMPT Tue May 23 13:49:40 UTC 2006
> i686 GNU/Linux

Hello.c
-------
#include "/usr/lib/mpich-mpd/include/mpi.h"
#include <stdio.h>
int main (int argc, char** argv)
{
        MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
        printf("Hello word.\n");
        MPI_Finalize();
        return(0);
}

The error that I'm finding is this:

root_at_kubuntu:/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba# mpirun -np 2 hello
0 - MPI_INIT : MPIRUN chose the wrong device ch_p4; program needs
device ch_p4mpd
/usr/lib/mpich/bin/mpirun.ch_p4: line 243: 16625 Segmentation
fault "/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba/hello" -p4pg "/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba/PI16545" -p4wd "/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba"

Does anybody know what it can be the problem?

Regards and thank you very much in advance.

Pablo.

PD: I send the ompi_info output and the config.log to you.

Besides