From: pgarcia_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-11-06 04:01:04

Hi, George, Sven. Good morning.

Yes, indeed. I found mpich debian package already installed in the
system, so there was a slight mismatching. That was the reason for my
harcoded include intuition. I was trying to assure what library was
really used. Environment variables are ok.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

Pablo.

> Hello Pablo.
> On Saturday 04 November 2006 14:04, pgarcia_at_[hidden] wrote:
> >
> > Hi, everydoby. Good afternoon.
> >
> > I've just configured and installed the openmpi-1.1.2 on a kubuntu
> > GNU/linux, and I'm trying now to compile the hello.c example without
> > results.
>
> As George said you are using with mpich. If you installed Open MPI as
you said
> you also have to adapt the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables
> (see http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/).
>
> Regards,
> Sven
>
> > > root_at_kubuntu:/home/livestrong/mpi/test# uname -a
> > > Linux kubuntu 2.6.15-23-386 #1 PREEMPT Tue May 23 13:49:40 UTC 2006
> > > i686 GNU/Linux
> >
> > Hello.c
> > -------
> > #include "/usr/lib/mpich-mpd/include/mpi.h"
>
> See Georges mail.
>
> > #include <stdio.h>
> > int main (int argc, char** argv)
> > {
> > MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
> > printf("Hello word.\n");
> > MPI_Finalize();
> > return(0);
> > }
> >
> > The error that I'm finding is this:
> >
> > root_at_kubuntu:/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba# mpirun -np 2 hello
> > 0 - MPI_INIT : MPIRUN chose the wrong device ch_p4; program needs
> > device ch_p4mpd
> > /usr/lib/mpich/bin/mpirun.ch_p4: line 243: 16625 Segmentation
> >
> fault "/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba/hello" -p4pg
"/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba/PI16545" -p4wd "/home/livestrong/mpi/prueba"