From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-01 10:47:39

An additional question -- did you re-compile / re-link your
application with Open MPI? If you're running an MPI application
compiled / linked against another MPI implementation, it may not see
the Open MPI-specific startup information about how to startup
parallel processes (e.g., their rank in MPI_COMM_WORLD, etc.), and
therefore assume that each process is its own singleton
MPI_COMM_WORLD (i.e., 4 different COMM_WORLDs, each with a single
process: rank 0).

On Oct 31, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Ralph H Castain wrote:

> Just out of curiosity – what environment (i.e., allocator and
> launcher) are you running in? POE?
>
> I’m not sure the POE support is all that good, which is why I ask.
> Ralph
>

> On 10/31/06 12:37 PM, "Nader Ahmadi" <a_nader_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a new OpenMPI user. We are planing to move from IBM AIX POE
>> to OpenMPI.
>> I had noproblem to install, configure, and compile my application,
>> using OpenMPI 1.1.2.
>> (thank you, for making it so easy).
>>
>> "ompi_inf -all" runs fine (see attached ompi_info.txt file), my
>> application runs with no problem,
>> except it only create rank 0. for example if I

>> I expect mpirun start 4 processes on local host with ranks 0,1,2,
>> and 3.
>> I see 4 processes started with rank 0 (see attahed mpirun_log.txt
>> file).
>>
>> The behavior is the same, regardless of using local host, or using
>> -host file or -app file.
>> In all cases correct number of the processes starts on local or
>> remote nodes as specified, with rank 0 for all process.
>>
>> Note: I have no problem running this application on IBM AIX using
>> POE.
>>
>> I know this must be new user's problem.
>>
>> Any comments
>>
>> Thanks