From: Nader Ahmadi (a_nader_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 14:37:58

Hello,

I am a new OpenMPI user. We are planing to move from IBM AIX POE to OpenMPI.
I had noproblem to install, configure, and compile my application, using OpenMPI 1.1.2.
(thank you, for making it so easy).

"ompi_inf -all" runs fine (see attached ompi_info.txt file), my application runs with no problem,
except it only create rank 0. for example if I

>> mpirun -np 4 my-prog arg1 arg2

I expect mpirun start 4 processes on local host with ranks 0,1,2, and 3.
I see 4 processes started with rank 0 (see attahed mpirun_log.txt file).

The behavior is the same, regardless of using local host, or using -host file or -app file.
In all cases correct number of the processes starts on local or remote nodes as specified, with rank 0 for all process.

Note: I have no problem running this application on IBM AIX using POE.

I know this must be new user's problem.

Any comments

Thanks

Nader,