From: Tony Ladd (ladd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-27 14:56:22

George

Thanks for the info. When you say "highly optimized" do you algorithmically,
tuning, or both? In particular I wonder if OMPI optimized collectives use
the divide and conquer strategy to maximize network bandwidth.

Sorry to be dense but I could not find documanetation on how to access the
optimized collectives. I would be willing to fiddle with the parameters a
bit by hand if I had some guidance as to how to set things and what I might
vary.

The optimization I was talking about (divide and conquer) would work better
than the basic strategy regardless of network; only message size might have
some effect.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Ladd