From: Justin Bronder (jsbronder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-27 11:10:04

To take care of the runtime errors you just need to do the following in a
bash shell.
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/lib
If you used "./configure --prefix=/some/other/prefix", then replace
"/usr/local/lib"
with "/some/other/prefix/lib".

If you just add this to your .bashrc you should be fine. The other options,
assuming
root access is to just add the lib directory to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun
ldconfig on
all machines. This will have the same effect, albeit for all users.

-Justin.