From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-26 18:16:30

There are 2 different collectives in Open MPI. One is a basic
implementation and one is highly optimized. The only problem is that
we optimized them based on the network, number of nodes and message
size. As you can imagine ... not all the networks are the same ...
which lead to troubles on some platforms. We're working on a tool to
automatically find out the best collective algorithms for your
particular configuration.

No precise timeline yet. ASAP is the keyword here, but of course we
are 3 weeks away from SC so I don't think that much can happens
before SC. Anyway, if you want I can add you to the list of
volunteers for testing it :)

   Thanks,
     george.