From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-23 13:57:14

I don't know what your bandwidth tester look like, but 140MB/s it's
way too much for a single Gige card, except if it's a bidirectional
bandwidth. Usually, on a new generation Gige card (Broadcom
Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express) with a
AMD processor (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+) I only manage to
get around 800Mb/s out of a point-to-point transfer. With an external
card not on the OCI-express bus I barely get 600Mb/s...

Why you don't use a real network performance tool such as Netpipe. At
least it will insure you that the bandwidth is the one you expect.

   Thanks,
     george.