From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 17:38:15

Hi Martin,

Yeah, we appear to have some mistakes in the configuration macros. I
will correct them, but they really should not be effecting things in
this instance.

Whether Open MPI expects a 32 bit or 64 bit library depends on the
compiler. If your compiler generates 64 bit executables by default,
we will by default compile Open MPI in 64 bit mode and expect 64 bit
libraries.

Unfortunately there is no single simple flag to switch between 64 bit
and 32 bit mode. With gcc I use the follow configure line to compile
in 32 bit mode:
./configure FCFLAGS=-m32 FFLAGS=-m32 CFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 --with-
wrapper-cflags=-m32 --with-wrapper-cxxflags=-m32 --with-wrapper-
fflags=-m32 --with-wrapper-fcflags=-m32

I know that is a bit unwieldy, but I believe that is the best way to
do it right now.

If this does not work, please send the information requested here:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

Thanks,

Tim