From: Durga Choudhury (dpchoudh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 11:24:46

George

I knew that was the answer to Calin's question, but I still would like to
understand the issue:

by default, the openMPI installer installs the libraries in /usr/local/lib,
which is a standard location for the C compiler to look for libraries. So
*why* do I need to explicitly specify this with LD_LIBRARY_PATH? For
example, when I am compiling with pthread calls and pass -lpthread to gcc, I
need not specify the location of libpthread.so with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I had
the same problem as Calin so I am curious. This is assuming he has not
redirected the installation path to some non-standard location.

Thanks
Durga

On 10/19/06, George Bosilca <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Calin,
>
> Look like you're missing a proper value for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> Please read the Open MPI FAW at http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?
> category=running.
>
> Thanks,
> george.
>
> On Oct 19, 2006, at 6:41 AM, calin pal wrote:
>

> > hi,
> > i m calin from india....i m working on openmpi....i
> > have installed openmpi 1.1.1-tar.gz in four machines in our college
> > lab....in one system the openmpi is properly working.i have written
> > "hello world" program in all machines .but in one machine its
> > working properly.in other machine gives
> > ((
> > (hello:error while loading shared libraries:libmpi.so..o;cannot
> > open shared object file:no such file or directory.)))))
> >

> > what is the problem plz tel me......and how to solve it..please
> > tell me
> >
> > calin pal
> > india
> > fergusson college