From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-18 13:27:56

Ah, are you using Open MPI 1.1.x, by chance? The wrapper compilers
need to be able to find a text file in $prefix/share/openmpi/, where
$prefix is the prefix you gave when you configured Open MPI. If that
path is different on two hosts, the wrapper compilers can't find the
text file, and things fall apart.

There's supposed to be an error message from the wrapper compilers
when this occurs. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the 1.1.x wrapper
compilers such that they just exit with a non-zero exit status
without printing that error message. Not friendly, unfortunately.

Brian