From: Cupp, Matthew R (cuppm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-17 11:55:28

My problem is that when I run on the build with --with-threads=posix,
--enable-mpi-threads, and --enable-progress-threads it doesn't get past
the init when I use more than one machine. It either hangs on MPI_Init
or outputs the message "mca_btl_sm_component_init: mkfifo failed with
errno=17" for each of the non-head nodes.

My nodes are dual processors, so if I specify my hosts as only 1 node
and use either 1 or 2 processes, it works fine. As soon as I try to run
the program on more than just 1 machine, the problem occurs.

I'm using OpenMPI 1.1.1. I'm fairly new to it, so I couldn't answer
your questions.

Matt Cupp
Battelle Memorial Institute
Statistics and Information Analysis