From: Brian W. Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-17 09:39:23

Hi -

Can you please send the config.log file generated when you ran configure?
Generally, we ask that everyone send the information requested here:

   http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

As it provides enough information to solve most of the problems seen
during the build process.

Thanks,

Brian

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Lydia Heck wrote:

> I know that with 1.3a1xxxx I a looking at a development release.
> HOwever I do need the SGE (GridEngine) support and I could not find
> a download for a stable (or any other) 1.2 release.
>
> So I downloaded 1.3a1r12121 and tried to configure it.
>
> In my configuration I use
>
> --with-mx=/opt/mx (where the MX software is installed); also
> --with-mx-libdir=/opt/mx/lib64, because I build for 64 bit only.
>
> Then I use the Sun Studio11 compilers and the configuration fails
>
> with
>

> --- MCA component btl:mx (m4 configuration macro)
> checking for MCA component btl:mx compile mode... dso
> checking myriexpress.h usability... no
> checking myriexpress.h presence... no
> checking for myriexpress.h... no
>

> configure: error: MX support requested but not found. Aborting
>

> I have tried everything, entering under CFLAGS etc
> -I/opt/mx/include
>
> modifying
>
> --with-mx=/opt/mx/include ....
>
> each the configure fails with the same error.
>
> Yes, mx is definitely installed, and yes the path to mx is definitely
> /opt/mx ...
>
> Any ideas ....
>
> Lydia Heck

> Dr E L Heck
>
> University of Durham
> Institute for Computational Cosmology
> Ogden Centre
> Department of Physics
> South Road
>
> DURHAM, DH1 3LE
> United Kingdom
>
> e-mail: lydia.heck_at_[hidden]
>
> Tel.: + 44 191 - 334 3628
> Fax.: + 44 191 - 334 3645

   Brian Barrett
   Graduate Student, Open Systems Lab, Indiana University
   http://www.osl.iu.edu/~brbarret/