From: Laurent.POREZ_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-10-17 02:29:50

Hi,

Could you explain what's wrong with thread support ?
Does it hang, or something else ?

I'm developping an application using multiple processes with multiple threads, and I have to use MPI to make process communicate. Typically, I will have to use the following functions :
- MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple,
- MPI_Bsend, MPI_Recv, MPI_Irecv, MPI_Test
- MPI_Barrier
- MPI_Allgather

Can this work with the actual version of Open-MPI (1.1.1) or a later one, or even with an other MPI library (free or commercial) ?
Do I have to think about giving up MPI ?

Thanks,
        Laurent.