From: Michael Kluskens (mklus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-12 16:47:54

On Oct 12, 2006, at 4:14 PM, Warner Yuen wrote:

> I've just built BLACS using the latest beta: openmpi-1.1.2rc4 as
> well as openmpi-1.1.1.

1.1.2rc4 should be fine; however, I don't think a new version named
1.1.1 was released and it should fail on some or all platforms.

> I am getting the following error when running BLACS tester. Does
> anyone know what might be going on? It worked with other MPIs.
>
> mpirun -np 2 ./xCbtest_MPI-OSX-0

I don't think you should run BLACS tester with only 2 processes, I
think the minimum is 4 processes, page 9 (Section 3) of the document
"Installing and Testing the BLACSv1.1." Also have you installed
patch 3 to BLACS?

> Signal:10 info.si_errno:0(Unknown error: 0) si_code:1(BUS_ADRALN)
> Failing at addr:0xe3
> *** End of error message ***
> Signal:10 info.si_errno:0(Unknown error: 0) si_code:1(BUS_ADRALN)
> Failing at addr:0xe3
> *** End of error message ***
> 2 additional processes aborted (not shown)

What is the text before this?

Michael