From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 10:38:10

On 10/11/06, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Open MPI v1.1.1 requires that you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the
> directory where its libraries were installed (typically, $prefix/lib). Or,
> you can use mpirun's --prefix functionality to avoid this

BTW, Why mpicc/mpicxx does not symply pass a -rpath/-R flag to the
linker? Do you want to select libraries at runtime? There are
portability problem in some target plataform? This behavior can be
really useful to experienced unix users/developers but I am not sure
if this holds true for all users.

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594