From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 01:38:49

Hum; that's quite odd. In Open MPI, mpirun and mpiexec are both sym links
to the same back-end executable (orterun). So if you can run one, you must
be able to run both.

I suspect that your mpirun and mpiexec are being found in different places
-- try "which mpirun" and "which mpiexec" (or "where mpirun" / "where
mpiexec", depending on your shell) to see where they're really being found.

Open MPI v1.1.1 requires that you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the
directory where its libraries were installed (typically, $prefix/lib). Or,
you can use mpirun's --prefix functionality to avoid this, such as:

    mpirun --prefix /path/to/ompi/prefix ...

Or

    /path/to/ompi/prefix/bin/mpirun ...

Both forms are equivalent.

On 10/10/06 11:32 AM, "Andrus, Mr. Brian (Contractor)"
<brian.andrus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ok, I apologize in advance. I am still trying to get openmpi to compile
> and run with PGI, Myrinet and PBSPro.
>
> I am configuring it with:
> --with-gm=/opt/gm --disable-shared --enable-static
> --enable-mca-static=pml,btl:gm,btl:self --with-tm=/usr/pbs CC=pgcc
> CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77 FC=pgf90 FFLAGS=-fastsse FCFLAGS=-fastsse
> LDFLAGS=-L/opt/gm/lib64
>
> Everything seems to go fine, but when I try to use mpiexec, I get:
> error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>

> Everything runs fine when I use mpirun, however.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
>
> Brian Andrus
> QSS Group, Inc.
> Naval Research Laboratory
> Monterey, California