From: Michael Kluskens (mklus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-02 15:32:01

Building BLACS 1.1 with patch 3 and OpenMPI 1.1.1 (using gcc and ifort)

Configuring the Bmake.inc file, if I set:

MPILIB = -lmpi

I have no trouble building the install program xsyserrors. However,
the more standard approach is to set:

MPILIB = $(MPILIBdir)/libmpi.a

which generates the following error and more:

/usr/local/lib/libmpi.a(dt_module.o)(.text+0x34c1): In function
`ompi_ddt_init':
: undefined reference to `opal_class_initialize'

I have libmpi.a because I had specified --enable-static when I build
OpenMPI 1.1.1. But there appears to be some details about static
libraries that I missed in the documentation.

In order to use static libraries is it required to also include
components in libraries?

Michael