From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-29 12:03:12

On Sep 29, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Abhishek Pratap wrote:

> Hello All
>

> can i execute a perl program over MPI. My program has to access
> Mysql database for accessing the data during runtime.
>

> Is it Possible here in perl i can use Perl's Parallel::MPI (or
> Parallel::MPI::Simple) but will they be able to access the mysql
> database simultaneously from the server.

I dont see why not? Just have each rank create its own DBI
connection. Use TCP connections to MySQL and transactions (Must use
INNODB then) to prevent each client from walking on each other if
thats posable. Otherwise you don't need transactions.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]
(734)936-1985