From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-26 17:48:57

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 14:45 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> I have a code that requires that it be compiled (with the pgi
> compilers) with the -i8
>
> From the pgf90 man page:
>
> -i8 Treat default INTEGER and LOGICAL variables as eight bytes.
> For operations
> involving integers, use 64-bits for computations.
>
> But i get the following from configure:
>
> checking size of Fortran 77 LOGICAL... 8
> checking for C type corresponding to LOGICAL... not found
> configure: WARNING: *** Did not find corresponding C type
> configure: error: Cannot continue
>

> This is with opnempi-1.1.1
> I also have the same problem with openmpi-1.1.2rc1
>
> The application is vasp, you can see the notes on the problem here:
> http://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp-forum/forum_viewtopic.php?2.1255

It looks like we assumed that LOGICAL would never be larger than an int,
which clearly isn't the case when that setting is used. I've filed a
bug in our tracker about the issue and should have a fix committed this
evening. It should be able to make the 1.1.2 release, but I can't
promise at this point.

Thanks,

Brian