From: Christian Kauhaus (ckauhaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 13:50:14

Gunnar Johansson <info_at_[hidden]>:
>Note also that this is not a crucial problem, we could also make all
>nodes "external", but a solution with NAT would be quite practical.

Trying to launch MPI processes using port forwarding is currenly a call
for trouble, since IP address and port information is usually embedded
into the Open MPI startup protocol.

It would probably a better solution to use a job manager like SGE which
accepts jobs on a head node (which has a public IP address) and
distributes the jobs on the cluster nodes.

Christian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus                               <><
Lehrstuhl fuer Rechnerarchitektur und -kommunikation