From: imran shaik (sk.imran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 02:37:33

Hi,
  I am posting to this mailing list after a long time. How is our openMPI going?

  Folks, I have few queries.

  1. Are there any perl bindings to (Open) MPI?
  2. How difficult it would be to write a perl wrapper over existing MPI code.?
  3. Can I work with MPI without MPI's runtime environment.? Actually I want to use SunGrid Engine.

  To give a proper insight into my requirements, i shall explain my problem below.

  I need to run parallel jobs on a cluster typically of size 600 nodes and running SGE, but the programmers are good at perl but not C or C++. So i thought of MPI, but i dont know whether it has perl support?

  Feel free to suggest any other library with perl support.

  Thanks,
  Imran