From: Eng. A.A. Isola (alfonso.isola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-05 04:05:42

Hi,

1)Today I have compiled my first MPI application by using OPEN MPI
compiler mpicc.
A very strange thing happens, a program that worked
correctly with MPICH2 now gives me an error.

I show you the error
message that appears when I execute it:

*** An error occurred in
MPI_Lookup_name
*** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
*** MPI_ERR_NAME:
invalid name argument
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
[0.0.0]
-[0.1.0] mca_oob_tcp_msg_recv: readv failed with errno=104

the
instruction is:

MPI_Lookup_name(argv[1],MPI_INFO_NULL,port_name);

of
course inside argv[1] there's the name that I write in the command
line.....

I repeat that this code work without problem in MPICH2.
And
this means that I have used correctly the MPI protocol functions.
Is it
possible that I have made a mistake in the Open MPI installation?
have tested OPEN MPI with cpi.c example and works correctly.

2)Why you
don't create an installation guide similar to MPICH2, for ex. a .pdf
file....
In fact by the only FAQ sometime is not very easy to
understand the correct installation step.

3)Open MPI doesn't need of a
daemon? as the mpd or lamboot before to execute mpi applications?
Maybe, is it called inside mpirun/mpiexec?

Eng. A.A. Isola