From: Eng. A.A. Isola (alfonso.isola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-30 19:03:54

"As of Open MPI 1.1, we do support endian
conversion between peers.
It
has not been as well tested as the rest of
the code base, but it
should
work."

Then if I send for example a MPI_CHAR between a solaris
SPARC
and a LINUX pc both with a 32bit architecture, the communication
will
be correctly?
I want know only if the Open MPI v.1.1 support the
endian
conversion.

Bye
Alfonso

>>from brbarret
>>Actually,
>Jeff
is incorrect. As of Open MPI 1.1, we do support endian
>>conversion
between peers. It has not been as well tested as the rest
>of
>>the
code base, but it should work. Please let us know if you have
>any
>>issues with that mode and we'll work to resolve them.
>>
>>Brian
>>

>>On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 06:36 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>> Open
MPI
>does not yet support endian conversion between peers in a single
>>> MPI
>job. It's on the to-do list, but it's been a lower priority
than some
>>> other features and issues.
>>>

>>> On 8/30/06
4:12 AM, "Eng.
>A.A. Isola" <alfonso.isola_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi everybody,

> [...]
Suppose, if

>> run the application on different systems
with different data formats
OPEN-MPI converts from little
is sending data from for eg,
>Linux Pc &