From: Durga Choudhury (dpchoudh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-27 13:11:18

Hi all

I am getting an error (details follow) in the simplest of the possible test

Two identical regular Dell PCs connected back-to-back via an ethernet switch
on the 10/100 ethernet. Both run Fedora Core 4. Identical version (1.1) of
Open MPI is compiled and installed on both of them *without* a --prefix
option (i.e. installed on the default location of /usr/local).

The hostfile on both the machine is the same:

cat ~/hostfile

I can run openMPI on either of these two machines by forking two processes:

mpirun -np2 osu_acc_latency <------ This runs fine on either of the two

However, when I try to luch the same program across the two machines, I get
an error:

mpirun --hostfile ~/hostfile -np2 /home/durga/openmpi-1.1

durga_at_192.168.22.29's password: foobar
/home/durga/openmpi-1.1/osu_benchmarks/osu_acc_latency: error while loading
shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory.

However, the file *does exist* in /usr/local/lib:

ls -l /usr/local/lib/ ->

I have also tried adding /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH on *both*
machines, to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.