From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-25 09:24:14

The directory when the libmpi.so is have to be added to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and of course the bin directory have to be added to the
PATH. For more information about how and why please read
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path

   Thanks,
     george.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Christine Kreuzer wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to install openmpi-1.1 on a AMD 64 OPTERON dual core (RHEL 4).
> I got no error message from ./configure and make all install.
> Not all tests passed (oob_test oob_test_self oob_test_packed and test_schema
> were skipped)so I entered ompi_info in the bin directory and got the following
> error message:
>
> [root_at_dhcp76-200 openmpi-1.1]# ompi_info
> ompi_info: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: Nosuch file or directory
>
> The library libmpi.so.0 exists in the lib directory and is linked to
> libmpi.so.0.0.0.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Christine

"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite
hope."
                                   Martin Luther King