From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 19:00:40

On Aug 17, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> Compiling an mpi program with gcc options -pedantic -Wall gives the
> following warning:
>
> mpi.h:147: warning: ISO C90 does not support 'long long'
>
> So it seems that the openmpi implementation doesn't conform to C90. Is
> this by design, or should it be reported as a bug?

Well, MPI_LONG_LONG is a type we're supposed to support, and that
means having 'long long' in the mpi.h file. I'm not really sure how
to get around this, especially since there are a bunch of users out
there that rely on MPI_LONG_LONG to send 64 bit integers around on 32
bit platforms. So I suppose that it's by design.

Brian