From: Peter Beerli (beerli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 11:09:08

Today I ran into the same problem as Warner Yuen (see thread below),

openmpi does not compile with icc and fails with an error where
libtool ask for --tag. The error is macosx specific.

It occurs in the compile for xgrid

in

openmpi-1.1/orte/mca/pls/xgrid

the Makefile fails; xgrid uses some objective-C stuff that needs to
be compiled with gcc [I guess]

after adjusting the Makefile.in

from

xgrid>grep -n "\-\-tag=OBJC" Makefile.in
216:LTOBJCCOMPILE = $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile $(OBJC) $(DEFS) \
220:OBJCLINK = $(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(OBJCLD) $(AM_OBJCFLAGS) \

xgrid>grep -n "\-\-tag=OBJC" Makefile.in
216:LTOBJCCOMPILE = $(LIBTOOL) --tag=OBJC --mode=compile $(OBJC) $
(DEFS) \
220:OBJCLINK = $(LIBTOOL) --tag=OBJC --mode=link $(OBJCLD) $
(AM_OBJCFLAGS)

the change elicits a warning that OBJC is not a known tag, but it
keeps going and compiles fine.
I do not use the xgrid portion so I do not now whether this is
clobbered or not. Standard runs using orterun
work fine.

Peter