From: Andrew J Caird (acaird_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-16 09:20:09

Hello,

I have a short code segment that, when compiled with mpiCC fails
at run-time with the error:

C++ runtime abort: internal error: static object marked for
destruction more than once

If I compile the same code with mpicc, it works fine. If I
compile the same code with LAM's mpiCC it works fine.

The code is in the attached zip file (along with the output of
ompi_info and config.log) and also below.

It could very well be that I'm simply doing something wrong, so
if someone can point that out, that's fine with me (in that case,
though, if someone can explain why it works with LAM's mpiCC I'd
find that interesting).

We're running the latest PGI compilers:
    $ pgCC -V
    pgCC 6.1-6 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux

and v1.1.0 of OpenMPI.

Thanks for any advice.
--andy

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "mpi.h"

int main(int argc,char **argv) {

   int ThisThread=0;
   int TotalThreadsNumber=1;

   printf("asdasdas\n");

   MPI_Init(&argc,&argv);
   MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&ThisThread);
   MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&TotalThreadsNumber);

   MPI_Finalize();
   return 1;
}
** **
** WARNING: This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious type. **
** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are absolutely **
** sure it is legitimate. Opening this attachment may cause irreparable **
** damage to your computer and your files. If you have any questions **
** about the validity of this message, PLEASE SEEK HELP BEFORE OPENING IT. **
** **
** This warning was added by the IU Computer Science Dept. mail scanner. **