From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-14 11:53:56

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 10:57 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> We will be evaluating pvfs2 (www.pvfs.org) in the future. Is their
> any special considerations to take to get romio support with openmpi
> with pvfs2 ?
> I have the following from ompi_info
>
> MCA io: romio (MCA v1.0, API v1.0, Component v1.1)
>
> Does OMPI have to be built pointing at the pvfs2 libs? If so how? I
> remember there was a strange way of needing to do this with lam.
>
> Guidance is much appreciated.

Yeah, some minor trickery is required. I believe you can just do
something like:

  ./configure <options> --with-file-system=panfs+nfs+ufs

but it's probably safest to do:

  ./configure <options> --with-io-romio-flags="--with-file-system=panfs
+nfs+ufs"

Changing the filesystems you want to include, of course.

Brian