From: Martin Schafföner (martin.schaffoener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-03 09:47:20

Hi all,

I noticed by accident that if I allocate only 1 of 2 CPUs on, say, x nodes
with PBS, it is possible to run mpiexec with -np = 2*x, i.e. I can use both
CPUs on each SMP node. This is not would I would expect or want. I would
guess that this is due to the fact that even if the _one_ orted launched
through PBS' TM interface can launch as many processes as you like which is
not the case if one would launch MPI processes directly through the TM
interface. How can this behavior be fixed?

Regards,

--
Martin Schafföner
Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and