From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-01 13:23:30

I do a lot of testing and development on my MacBook Pro in OSX (core duo).
I do a lot of development on a lot of dual-processor Linux machines as well.
Other developers work on multi-processor machines in other operating
systems.

Open MPI doesn't depend on how many CPUs or cores you have in your machine.
You should be able to install it on most POSIX-based platforms (we generally
limit ourselves to platforms/compilers that the GNU Auto tools support --
Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool. That's a pretty wide range, actually).

On 8/1/06 1:19 PM, "Wen Long at UMCES/HPL" <wenlong_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any people have installed open MPI on a Dual Core desktop or laptop? Such
> as Intel Centrino Duo ? or it is totally impossible?
>
> Thanks,,
>
> Wen

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems