From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-01 13:23:30

I do a lot of testing and development on my MacBook Pro in OSX (core duo).
I do a lot of development on a lot of dual-processor Linux machines as well.
Other developers work on multi-processor machines in other operating

Open MPI doesn't depend on how many CPUs or cores you have in your machine.
You should be able to install it on most POSIX-based platforms (we generally
limit ourselves to platforms/compilers that the GNU Auto tools support --
Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool. That's a pretty wide range, actually).

On 8/1/06 1:19 PM, "Wen Long at UMCES/HPL" <wenlong_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Any people have installed open MPI on a Dual Core desktop or laptop? Such
> as Intel Centrino Duo ? or it is totally impossible?
> Thanks,,
> Wen

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems