From: James McManus (jmpmcmanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-31 13:12:27

I'm trying to compile MPI with pgf90. I use the following configure
settings:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mpi F90=pgf90 F77=pgf77

However, the compiler is set to gfortran:

*** Fortran 90/95 compiler
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking if Fortran compiler works... yes
checking whether pgf90 and gfortran compilers are compatible... no
configure: WARNING: *** Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 compilers are not link
compatible

I do have gfortran, with its binary in /usr/bin/gfortran, However, I
have removed all path information to it, in .bash_profile and .bashrc,
and have replaced it with path information to pgf90. MPI is still
configured with gfortran and the FC compiler.

I am using a evaluation version of the pgi compilers.

Jim