From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-20 10:04:23

Its doable, the scaling will not as good, because a network is a
network. If you are using just regular 100Mbit, you will not scale
as far as really good 1gig ethernet, but we are still talking about
tcp which incurs a penalty over networks like infiniband and myrinet.
Tcp is the largest issue, its going to be really application
dependent you are right.
On another note though many of the older cluster that are now out of
service used just 100Mbit ethernet and worked.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]
(734)936-1985